Definition – HT panel is a metal enclosure fitted with HT Circuit Breakers, relays &metering that is used to receive 11KV/33KV supply (from one or more source) & distribute the power through its outgoing feeders. Outgoing feeder may be one or more it depends on the load of the building.
HT panel is installedin substations of Commercial complexes, residential colonies, factories, schools, hospitals etc. to receive & distribute HT supply.
Main functions of HT panel –
- To make & break HT supply (or switch on or switch off supply),
- To receive & distribute HT supply,
- To provide protection against faults,
- To provide metering to monitor various parameters.
Features of HT panel (for 11KV or 33KV) –
- HT panel receives electrical Supply 11KV or 33KV) from H – poleby 3 core HT cable & then it distributes power through one or more outgoing feeders.
- These outgoing feeders are connected with distribution transformers which convert HT supply into 415V, 3-phase 4 wire AC supply.
- To measure electrical power consumption, Energy Meter is installed in it,
- Meters are installed to measure electrical Voltage, Current, frequency, power factor etc.